NEW ERA SYSTEM
New Era Systems’ satellite equipment provides mobile connectivity to mine sites.
Installing cost-effective, high-bandwidth communication tools increases efficiency and operational control. New Era Systems’ tools meet mine sites’ needs, including:
Mobile and transportable communications for exploration teams
Remote site to head-office communications via voice, data, web, video, GIS, mapping, engineering, ERP
Site-wide wireless connectivity to the outside world
Security and monitoring through centralised remote data and CCTV monitoring
Employee-to-home communication services
Social responsibility to boost education, safety and engagement in the local communities
For sites with fixed ongoing operations, we offer New Era Systems’ MINE-SAT.
The beauty of satellite communications’ global wireless coverage is that even the most remote locations on earth can be rapidly connected to the world at high bit rates with an affordable satellite terminal (also called a VSAT). Satellite is typically the only practical solution.
VSAT and broadband for mining in Africa and the Americas
A fixed satellite system provides the mine with a communications hub for telephony, Internet, or a Virtual Private Network (VPN) between the mine and head office. Dedicated-bandwidth satellite service can also connect with the mine’s wireless system or PBX to provide telephony.
Secure data exchange applications can run over VSAT between the mine and head office, so the remotest mine can access corporate systems and applications – from engineering, to scientific, to financial systems, to email and web.
Key features and benefits
- 3.8m C-Band fixed VSAT system
- Satellite network services
- Low cost equipment purchase
- Professional installation
- High bandwidth – up to 10Mbps
- Easy upgrading and scalability
- Easy integration with Wi-Fi, web, voice, etc.
- Seamless connection to the corporate network
- Reliable, low maintenance system
- C-Band service gives maximum reliability
- Up to multi-megabits per second for large file, video and imagery support
- Re-deployable assets – “Wireless” satellite VSAT equipment can reused at a new mine
- Dedicated bandwidth offers security and guaranteed data throughput
- Wide hemispheric coverage — so many remote sites are controllable via a single ops center
Imagine the potential improvements in control, reporting and operational efficiency when the remotest mining operation is live and securely online with a central scientific, analytical and corporate network functions.
Secure, high bandwidth and real-time communications with the home office can help increase the efficiency of a mining operation and save millions.
The same VSAT system can also enable critical applications such as monitoring of mine site security, access control, CCTV surveillance, and asset tracking and management, all from thousands of miles away.
Using New Era’s satellite-based services and equipment, a company can bring cost-effective, secure, high bandwidth and real-time communications to help increase the production efficiency and control of a mining operation.
Enable critical applications such as technical data, monitoring of mine site security, access control, CCTV surveillance, and asset tracking and management.
Remotely monitor and control activities at multiple mine sites throughout the hemisphere via a single network centre.
New Era Systems helps meet the communications needs of mining company sites for:
- Exploration; mobile and transportable communications for mine exploration teams
- Remote site-to-head office communications (voice, data, web, video, GIS, mapping, engineering, ERP, etc.)
- Site-wide wireless connectivity to the outside world
- Security and monitoring; centralised remote data / CCTV monitoring
- Employee welfare; non-local employee-to-home communications services (web, email, voice) can improve efficiency and reduce staff turnover
- Social responsibility; communications services for local community educational, safety and engagement
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- Vendor: New Era Systems Inc.
2179 North Powerline Road, Suite 1
Pompano Beach 33069
United States (US)
- No ratings found yet!